* A native Mac OS X GUI application
* GTK+ and Qt GUI applications for Linux, BSD, Windows, etc.
* A headless daemon for servers and routers
* A web UI for remote controlling any of the above
Transmission-Qt is an unofficial Windows build of Transmission, in fact a fork of that project with some corrections, many additions to support the use on Windows better, and modifications to enhance usability -- this means its not exactly Transmission-Qt as released. This project may even disappear when Transmission's own Windows support becomes official.
This release was built using MinGW-w64 GCC (v4.8.2) and Qt static (v4.8.6). No special enhancement were made to the GUI and libtransmission, except to make it compiles on MinGW-w64 and working under Windows (Vista is the minimum requirement). This unofficial build (of unofficial Transmission-Qt Windows build) were linked against these libs:
curl-7.38.0Most fixes and patches were stolen from René Berber (author of Transmission-Qt Win), folks at transmissionbt.com and some others from the web.
This package contains:
transmission-daemon.exe (not tested)
transmission-remote.exe (not tested)
1. Extract the folder to somewhere like C:\Program Files or C:\Programs or anywhere you like.
2. Edit 'torrent.reg' & 'magnet.reg' (with your text editor) according to your installation path.
3. Edit the magnet protocol handling in your browser (example below is for Firefox).
4. Now you don't have to copy/paste the magnet link from your browser to Transmission-Qt.
5. Start downloading legal files.. :P