Wednesday, December 17, 2014

PyWin32 (native MinGW)

PyWin32 is a python extension for windows.

* Updated on 09 August 2016 *

Build Notes:
------------

This module is to be used with Python built on MinGW, not the official build.

Built using Python {2.7.8, 3.4.5, 3.5.2} (MinGW native) and MinGW-w64 GCC {4.9.2-5.3.1}

These modules were not built;

[i686]
Requires Microsoft Platform SDK to build:
  Pythonwin, win32ui, win32uiole, dde

[x86_64]
Requires Microsoft Platform SDK to build:
  Pythonwin, win32ui, win32uiole, dde
Requires Microsoft Exchange SDK to build:
  exchange exchdapi

Needs some extra libs and headers;

[i686]
[from Microsoft Platform SDK v7.1A (x86)]
  ADSIid.Lib
  ActiveDS.Lib
  Bits.Lib
  Htmlhelp.Lib
  NtQuery.Lib
  Urlmon.Lib
  propsys.lib
[from Microsoft VC 9.0 (x86)]
  RunTmChk.lib

[x86_64]
[from Microsoft Platform SDK v7.1A (x64)]
  ADSIid.Lib
  Bits.Lib
  Htmlhelp.Lib
  NtQuery.Lib
  propsys.lib
[from Microsoft VC 9.0 (x64)]
  RunTmChk.lib

Headers:

  bits2_5.h
  bits3_0.h
  bits4_0.h

  addrlkup.h
  edkcfg.h
  edkmapi.h
  edkmdb.h
  edkguid.h
  edkutils.h
  mblogon.h

Had to add '.rc' creation routine in Python to automate '.mc' compilation using windmc.exe.

Many more patching to the sourcecode.

Use this module for testing purpose only.


Download:

i686 package
x86_64 package






4 comments:

  1. Any chance of obtaining your make/config etc files so that I could make/build my own version of Python from source on mingw(32)/win with gcc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you mean an automated script? You can make your own when I update the post with patches. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am rather new to config/bash etc. I am trying to build a Win/MingW/gcc installation of the latest GTK, which relies on GLib, as per the instructions here (http://ingar.satgnu.net/devenv/mingw32/gtk.html#libiconv).

    All of the recent version of GLib require python.

    I have messed around with python 3.4.3 (required by GLib) for more than 50 hours trying everything under the Sun that I could fine ... no joy with mingw/gcc (you are welcome to the long and gory details).

    I have tried to copy your compiled (3.4.2) results to the right places, but GLib baulks at 3.4.2 (i.e. anything earlier than 3.4.3).

    The python people seem to have provided Win bits only for MSVC, and apparently will not produce a Win/gcc variant of their source. I can certainly build with MSVC, but that produces problems, as apparently the MSVC results are not compatible with gcc creations due to different C conventions/extensions etc.

    I have also tried to see if I could convert the MSVC solution/project files in the /PCBuild dir's for gcc application, but I could not see how to complete that.

    So I would like to produce something like what you have kindly produced, but for python 3.4.3 (keeping in mind that my make/install process is intended to interleave with the path to GTK as described here (http://ingar.satgnu.net/devenv/mingw32/gtk.html#libiconv).

    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated (particularly due to my inexperience with config/make/bash etc).

    ... and of course, I am happy to contribute in any reasonable way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Oli..

    Sorry for the late reply. Been very busy lately..

    It has been a while since I compile anything, so it may need some works to update some libraries & dependencies. I think you can refer to my previous post about compiling GTK+, GLib & Python here:

    http://compilecraze.blogspot.com/2013/09/compiling-gimp-284.html

    ReplyDelete